Monday, February 27, 2012

Ibanez Tube Screamer replica

So... I was at a friends house and he had an old Ibanez tube screamer pedal.  I sinned and coveted my neighbors belongings... sorry Jesus.

I went onto the ole interwebs and found myself a kit from General Guitar Gadgets.



Boom!  Parts ship... arrive at my house... a little solder job later and it works.  I decided to make this pedal pretty and pay somewhat of an homage to the original.

Bring on the green paint!  I gave it a round of grey automotive primer and then a whole slew of green enamel .  I popped it in the toaster oven for an hour or so to at about 350F to hasten the curing time.

Since it IS a tubescreamer... why not decorate with some tubes?  The lady helped me photoshop a vacuum tube photo into a whole page of decals.  I included some text in the decal page too...

Apply the decals, about a half a spray can of clear enamel.  Another trip to the toaster oven... and Voila!

Awwwwww yeeeeahhh!  Ain't she pretty?

The Minneapolis band Battle Toys used this pedal to record their song "Idols".  Okay, it's not because I'm some sort of pedal god, it's because that's my band... heh

Here it is inside the Terrarium with a POG pedal and the Battle Toys.



No comments:

Post a Comment