Monday, March 19, 2012

Bass Drum ring with LED light strip.

So after my first test, I decided that a few high power LEDs in the base drum wouldn't be sufficient, especially since I've been using black resonant heads.  The Light that escapes the drum shoots out the tiny port hole, or the batter head, since it's clear.  I got a hold of some LED light strips left over from testing (at my place of business) where the controllers had been fried, but the LEDs themselves are still in working order.  I stripped off the controllers and cut them down to 3 LEDs per strip, which is the most I can drive with a 9V supply.  I soldered the strips together, and adhered them around the inside of the ring...

I've been using my phone to record video, and the quality is pretty terrible until the LEDs turn on... sorry...


Tonight... Installing the Bass drum ring and one of the LED lights (make sure it works) inside a Tom.

Woooooooo!  I can't believe how smooth this has been going... Uh oh, I just jinxed myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment