Saturday, April 21, 2012

AX84 Hi Octane Build Part 2: Circuit board

Part 2:  Building the circuit board.

I guess instead of getting a "real" circuit board made, these people chose to include this eyelet board, which has little metal eyes installed to solder the parts to.  I've never actually used a board like this before, and if I were going to make another amp, I'd be inclined to make a custom board so I don't have to muck around soldering all the jumper wires which you'll see later.  I built the circuit board in the time between applying coats of paint to the chassis.  Just set a timer for 30 minutes for applying new coats.


Lonely eyelet board, parts, schematic, wiring diagram.

Through the magic of the internet, I present to you, an eyelet board with all the parts installed.

The Eyelet board has friends now!

This part was the biggest pain... connecting all of the voltage rails and the ground.

Red and blue wires are the supply voltage

Black wire is ground


With the wiring complete, I just need to let the chassis cure overnight, then it's time for the final wiring.












1 comment: